Wow the family with these delicious watermelon pizzas
Whether you choose sweet or savoury toppings these watermelon pizzas make the perfect summer treat.
Yoghurt and berries watermelon pizza
Spread a layer of Greek yoghurt over the top of a slice of watermelon and add summer berries, such as raspberries, strawberries, blueberries or sliced cherries. Garnish with sprigs of mint for a refreshing and delicious treat. Perfect for al fresco breakfasts in the sunshine.
Black olives and red onion savoury watermelon pizza
You don’t have to stick to fruits for the toppings. Savoury garnishes work well to for an added twist. Here we’ve added toppings of sliced black olives, sliced green peppers, slices red onion and grated mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with chopped basil leaves to finish.
Watermelon pizza lollies
If all the family have different fruit favourites you can also add different fruit toppings to each triangle of your sliced watermelon. To add flavour and crunch sprinkle each slice with granola. To make it easier for everyone to pick their best slice insert wooden lollipop sticks into the rind.
Other topping ideas:
Of course you don’t have to go with our suggestions and can be creative when it comes to your watermelon pizza toppings. You can even grill your watermelon slice before adding toppings for an extra twist. Here are a few more suggestions which we think work well together:
- Cucumbers, grapes and feta cheese
- Whipped cream, sliced kiwi, blueberries, walnuts, chopped mint and drizzled chocolate
- Make a ‘tomato’ sauce by pureeing strawberries and top with sliced peaches, sliced cherries and toasted coconut
- Sliced cucumber, radish and basil with crumbled feta, pine nuts and a balsamic reduction
- Pickled onions, blue cheese and pecans.